Monday, August 25, 2008

APOLOGY to EPW DOWNUNDER owners

About 1996, I was told that the Lucas bulb handle screwdriver is correct for 1946-56 Royce and Bentley. I relied on the word of an "expert", here in Southern California. I acquired a few of these from the "expert". Subsequently I sold a FEW to fine chaps in Australia. A discussion ensued. I was strident, as I was relying on the "expert". He was wrong. I was wrong. My sincere apologies to the 2 chaps in Australia. IF you will kindly return the improper drivers to me, I will immediately send RESTORED and PROPER screwdrivers, and pay postage both ways. Recently I have tried to correct and educate some sellers, on ebay and elsewhere. For the most part those sellers resent me. Most sellers, of these tools, do not care about being accurate. Apparently they just want the $$$. So there are some folks that will mis-represent, intentionally. Buying junk or incorrect items is no bargain.
SO-I did the SAME THING. Only I did not do it intentionally. My selling these was out of my ignorance. Now I am trying to rectify MY ERROR!!! You, the reader, might ask yourself  "why so long?" I have searched my onerous and copious paperwork to find the 2 chaps (that I recall), addresses. I was unable locate the names. After more than 12 years, this STILL bugs me! SO now I go public. SO if you go to an RR/B meet,  PLEASE ask if anybody got an incorrect screwdriver from a well-meaning, but mis-informed character in California. I will make it right. I really hate making mistakes. I dislike it more when others suffer. I dislike it EVEN more when they are on another continent.

No comments: