Saturday, August 25, 2007

Rolls Royce and Bentley Tail Lense History


1956-65 Rolls Royce Bentley Lense story-a long story---------
Lucas stopped making these in the 80's
they were a cheap poly-------
same polymer as MG--Tr etc

they craze, crack etc--------

LUCAS is NOT in the aftermarket biz---

think about the TOTAL RR/B made 1956-65
one YEAR of MG production!
so dealers had a supply--for awhile

In the early 90's dealers ran out.
A friend, Bill Sundin told me about this, and knew I had made PIERCE-ARROW lenses.
I spent 2 weeks calling RR dealers. Bill was correct.

I had developed a state-of-the-art material

so I made quality lenses-
no shrink
uv stable
will not crack, FADE or craze

Then a couple of dealers realized there was a gap--in supply. So they made lenses. from the same poly that Lucas had used.

I am a carguy---------
check the cars I collect. Top quality. RR, Pierce Cad V12/V16, early Porsche, Clenet, Excalibur, Duesenberg.
This was a hobby.---I am not in the lens business----

If your car is important to you--
If you want quality
If you want your brake lights and night running lights to be seen--get mine.

If you want to save a few bucks--get other ones.
I have lots of RECENT testimonials

SILVER CLOUD and SI; Some S/CII and SII ONE PIECE tail lens (AMBER or RED) L553
$240 a pair all correct numbers and BRIGHT colors
Better than original!!!!

SILVER CLOUD II and III TAIL LIGHT LENSES
(2 piece)---REPRODUCED--by hand---QUALITY FIT
TOP AMBER cd2256 $210 pair
TOP RED cd2257 $200 pair
BOT RED cd2258 $200 pair
REFL (PLAS ONLY) $ 60 pair
THIS IS A ONE-TIME ONLY PROJECT
to replace non-existent factory items--
do not confuse with cheap repros--
I made these by hand--using TOP polymers--with expensive DYES, not tints

ONE PAIR NOS round reflectors LUCAS NEW $140!!!! SOLD

No comments: